Early Childhood Education
3 High School Credits per semester
Instructor: Rachel Higgins
Heartland is equipped with a preschool classroom attended by preschool students 3 days a week, allowing time for lesson planning and classroom preparation.
You will work with preschool aged children and will be able to recognize the talents of each individual child to maximize their learning experience.
Students create and present lesson plans in the classrooms and must be comfortable working independently with students and teachers.
Most students continue their education at the postsecondary level to become teachers.
- • Write age appropriate lesson plan for preschool children
- • Create and use an assessment for preschoolers
- • Conduct a parent teacher conference
- • Obtain IACCRR (Indiana Association for Child Care Resource and Referral) training certificate for the Indiana Early Learning Foundations
- • Obtain IACCRR (Indiana Association for Child Care Resource and Referral) training certificate for child abuse
- • Obtain American Red Cross Certification in pediatric and child first aid, AED, CPR
- • Demonstrate how to sanitize the food prep area for preparation and consumption of food
- • Develop CDA (Child Development Associate) Portfolio
- Additional Supplies:
- Background Check
- TB Skin Test
- CPR Certification
- FCCLA Membership
Pre-PAC Early Childhood Education
Child Development Associate